HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Perform a wide range of activities related to Human Resource Management. Assist the Chief Financial Officer with financial statements, annual budgets and special projects as assigned. Supervise the Account¬ing Technician II, Human Resource Training Coordinator, and Office Information Coordinator.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Financial Officer
1. Responsible for the following activities as they relate to Human Resource Management: hiring process, disciplinary actions, performance re¬views, employee benefits, DOL and FLSA compliance, formation and revision of personnel policies, Drug and Alcohol testing, Worker’s Compen¬sation claims, and unemployment claims.
2. Responsible for preparing or overseeing the preparation of various government reports including: 941 forms, W-2 forms, 1095C and 1094 forms, EEO-1 report forms, BLS report forms, OSHA forms, and 401(K) Reports.
3. Supervise and oversee the payroll process, staff development and training, the front desk operations and personnel files. Provide guidance on persons served bank accounts as needed.
4. Prepare annual personnel budget using an Excel Spreadsheet program. Assist the Chief Financial Officer with special projects as assigned.
5. Provide instruction to supervisors and Supported Employment staff on issues relating to Social Security Benefits.
Education: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance. Typical qualifications would be:
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University with course work in Business Administration or related field.
2. Two years of experience in accounting/Human Resource Management.
3. Experience in the Rehabilitation Field helpful.
Knowledge: Accounting principles, payroll taxes, Department of Labor rules and regulations, Fair Labor Standards Act regula¬tions, Social Security rules (i.e. SSDI, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid), and computer software required to perform accounting functions.
Skill: Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Individuals will follow any other instruction, and perform any other duties, as may be required.